Last updated: October 11, 2018
Derech Emunah ("DE") takes your privacy very seriously and cares about how your information is collected, used, stored, and shared. We are providing this Privacy Statement to explain our practices and the choices that you can make about the way your information is used by Derech Emunah. The Privacy Statement describes our practices in connection with the information we collect through websites operated by us from which you are accessing this Privacy Statement, through the software applications made available by us for use on or through computers and mobile devices (the “Apps”), through our social media pages that we control through which you are accessing this Privacy Statement (collectively, our “Social Media Pages”), as well as through HTML-formatted email messages that we send to you that link to this Privacy Statement and through offline interactions that we may have with you (collectively, including the Websites, the Apps and our Social Media Pages).
By providing Personal Information to Derech Emunah, you agree to this Privacy Statement.
Personal Information We May Collect
We may collect Personal Information including name, email address, address, phone number and similar contact information and credit card or other payment information. If you choose to provide your payment or credit card information to Derech Emunah, we will use that information for the purposes for which it was provided.
If you submit any Personal Information relating to other people to us or to our service provider, you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
How We May Collect Personal Information:
Our Website and our service providers may collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to:
- We may collect Personal Information you provide to us over the phone, in email, through a face-to-face conversation, or through online and offline forms such as e-newsletters, surveys, donation forms and event registration/participation (including volunteering) that you populate.
- We may use a third-party address, phone number, and email address products to provide accurate and updated contact information.
How Derech Emunah Uses Personal Information
- Our Website and our service providers may use Personal Information to:
- Send you information regarding Derech Emunah.
- Process and respond to inquiries and for the purposes for which you provided the information, such as to process donations, purchase merchandise, or receive information about a project or special event.
- Respond to your questions and comments.
- Notify you about special programs or products that may be of interest to you from Derech Emunah.
- Alert you to administrative information such as information regarding the changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Protect the security or integrity of the Derech Emunah website, such as by protecting against fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and managing risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users.
- Credit card information will be used for the purpose for which it was provided, and described to you at the point of collection.
How Derech Emunah May Disclose Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be disclosed:
- To our Service Providers: We may disclose the information we collect from you to third parties who perform functions on our behalf such as charitable gift collection and billing.
Other Uses and Disclosures
- Pursuant to Legal Requirements: For disclosure purposes as necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence.
- To Protect Our Website and Users: We will disclose your information when we believe disclosure is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our organization, our employees, our Site users or others; or to enforce our Website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
Other Information We May Collect
- “Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual. We may collect Other Information such as IP address, browser type, mobile device type, content visited while on the Websites or Apps, Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, or the duration of the use of the Website.
- Collecting browser activities or IP addresses, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited, are common practices, and are often performed automatically by many websites, applications and other Website for such purposes as calculating usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Services.
- We may collect information from the Apps that you use. We may track and collect Apps’ usage data such as the date and time the Apps accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the Apps based on your device number.
- We may use “Cookies” and similar technology to obtain information about your visits to the Website or your responses to our emails or other electronic communications – both individually and in an aggregated form.
- Cookies are pieces of data placed on your device when you visit the Website that help us gather statistical information about use of the Website in order to continually improve its design and functionality, understand how it is used and assist us with resolving questions regarding them.
- At this time, we do not respond to Do Not Track requests.
- We may use third-party web and mobile app analytics and optimization Website to improve the Website and enhance the visitor experience by, for example, recording mouse clicks, mouse movements, scrolling activity as well as text you type in the Website.
- We may use pixel tags and other similar technologies to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Website, measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about use of the Website and response rates.
- We may collect information about your interactions with email messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were opened or forwarded.
How You Can Control Collection and Use of Your Information
- Mailing List: You may, at any time, choose to opt out of receiving mail from us by calling us at (888) 944-1043 or emailing us at [email protected]. Please allow 30 days for your address to be removed from any mailings that are currently underway.
Accessing, Modifying, Updating, and Deleting Your Information:
We strive to keep our records as accurate as possible. You may, under applicable laws, have a right to access, correct, modify, or request the deletion of your Personal Information that you have previously provided to us at any time. To do so, please call us at 206 725 7250.
In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information.
For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion (e.g., when you make a donation or enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the Personal Information provided until after the completion of such donation or promotion). There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident and have provided Personal Information to us, you are entitled by California law to request information regarding certain categories of Personal Information we share with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Your request should be submitted to: Michael Friend 7302 Bowlyn Place South Seattle WA 98118.
Within 30 days of receiving such a request, we will provide a response listing the categories of Personal Information disclosed to third parties, along with the names and addresses of those third parties, for their own direct marketing purposes during the previous year. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year, and we reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted to addresses other than the address specified herein.
How We Protect Information
Our Website uses appropriate and reasonable organizational, electronic, physical, administrative, and technical measures to help safeguard Personal Information from unauthorized access or disclosure. We take these and other appropriate precautions to help ensure the security, integrity and confidentiality of donor information; however, no transmission or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your use of the Website or engagement with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us as described in the “Questions/Contact Information” section below.
This Website is not directed toward children under 13 years of age nor does Derech Emunah knowingly collect information from children under 13, and we request that they do not submit any Personal Information through the Services.
The Website is controlled and operated by us from the United States and are not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. By using the Website you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your personal information.
Third Party Content and Links
Our Website may contain links to third-party websites, applications, or similar technology that are not associated with or over which Derech Emunah has no control. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Statement, but instead is governed by the privacy statements of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices or content of these other websites and/or applications.
Unless explicitly requested, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Website or otherwise to us.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
Our Website may, from time to time, amend this Privacy Statement. We will post any revisions to the Website, and we advise you to check back periodically. The “Effective Date” reference at the top of this page indicates when we last revised this Privacy Statement. Any changes to this Privacy Statement will become effective when we post the revised Privacy Statement on the Services. Your continued use of the Website or engagement in the Interactions after we implement such changes will also constitute your affirmative consent to the revised Privacy Statement.
Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include credit card or other sensitive information in your emails to us.